Monday, May 25, 2009

Ca-li-fornia Dream'in.....



Hello Friends!!!
It has been way to long since my last post, I know...but I must tell you there is not a whole lot of a thing called "spare time" anymore. Life with 2 kids is WAY crazier than it is with one. Needless to say it has been an adjustment period.

Avery, Ty and I have been in California for the last near 6 weeks. It was a much needed break from the gloomy and rainy spring of Idaho. We will be returning to leaves on the trees, flowers and lots of sunshine!! Yeah! Just in time for the fun! We are so lucky!

The weeks we have spent in California have been quite eventful...Aside from the huge growth Ty has seen, Avery has made several large strides herself...She became a real California girl, and had her first Mani-Pedi. Exciting, and adorable, but frightening really...


Beauty aside, Avery has been going to school everyday with her Mimi and has had the run of the school... I think she may be in a bit of shock when she goes back to Ms.Jill's and has to follow ALL the rules...oh well. She has also learned to pump on the swing! It's a pretty huge feat for someone that is not even 3 yet! She has also loved riding the ponies at the farmer's market.

AND THE BIGGEST THING OF ALL....No more Binkies!!! Avery put them in a ziploc bag and took them to the babies at the hospital, because they need them now that she is a big girl. Phew! Cross that one off the list. It was really a big thing for her, but she did amazing!!! I know, corny mom moment, but I even took a picture of her giving them to the nurse. What can I say, it only happens once. Thank God.

Ty has grown a ton, and I have regained my sanity. I am ready for summer! We are listing our house again, and hoping to move our lives to California so we can be closer to all of our family, and some more temperate weather. As I'm sure many of you know, we are so OVER the snow. Please send your good thoughts and vibes our way so we can get mov'in!
Anyway, I again find myself apologizing for the delay between posts, but life is crazy- what else can I say! Here are some more random pictures from our stay-cation.
Hope everyone is well... check back soon, but not too soon- all that pressure to post 2x's weekly is a little much...ahem---the Burgess family is really making me look bad with all their posting- I'm getting all kinds of flack from the Nickle family...
Cheers!
K



No comments: