Hey everyone,
It's been another busy week her in ID....the "work" part of the week went by fast enough... and we have found ourselves at yet another too-short weekend.
It rained all night friday, and was pretty overcast for most of Saturday. I must say that fall weekends are great for just hanging around. Saturday morning I left Justin and Avery to make yet another mess while I went to yoga. While I was gone, they got a little laundry done (into a big heap on the floor). Really, Avery had a great time playing in the laundry basket, but lets just say it was quite a disaster when I came home. I can't imagine what I would come home to if I left them alone for a whole day..... Oh my.
After some lunch, a little play-time ( aka mess making time) it was time for a nap. Yes, this is really how Avery fell asleep. I'm not quite sure if she fell asleep mid-mess, or if she loved her latest mess so much she wanted to sleep with it. Either way, it was pretty hilarious that she actually slept like this for an hour and a half.
During her special nap,we baked some cookies to take to our friend Skooter and Nina's house for dinner. They have a little girl named Katie that Avery had a great time playing with. They played for nearly 3 hours straight!! It was really fun to actually enjoy a dinner with friends rather than having a bite between dramas. Katie and Avery did lots of giggling, and managed to fit both of their tushies into this chair. It was pretty cute.
Today was largely uneventful. And we even managed to keep the house in a relatively clean state ( thank god!) Our day consisted of Football, naps and yes, Avery's first haircut. I was inspired by Katie's cute "bob", and I was getting a little sick of the rag-a-muffin look that Avery has mastered so well. Her refusal to keep barettes in her hair made it a constant battle to keeping her from looking like a homeless child. Anyway, after years of honing my barber skills on Justin and other members of the Family, I decided to go for it. It turned out really cute, though I can't decide if she looks like she has a "bob" or a bowl cut. I did my best to avoid the curse of bangs, but Justin kept insisting I keep cutting. You'll have to judge for yourselves. Either way, it looks pretty darn cute.
So that's probably it until we get back from our trip to Costa Rica, from which I hope to return with lost of pictures, but probably not too many of Avery unless the Grandmas take some good ones. Hope all is well!
Love Krista, Justin & Avery
1 comment:
Her haircut looks great! She looks so excited in the first picture getting her hair done. How fun. You'll have to post some pictures of it face on when it's dry for us to see. She sure is a cutie...and nothing like a homeless child, but the comment made me laugh! ;-)
Post a Comment